Sunday, November 13, 2011

We're Here!

As exhausting as the past 24 hours have been, I have to say we had great flights and they were all on time. We left Atlanta at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and arrived in our region at 8:30 a.m. Atlanta time on Sunday, but locally it was 7:30 p.m. Sunday night. We lost 11 hours somewhere between home and Russia and I'm about to see if I can find it! :). I will post each day with photos. However, today Aubrey made photos of the airport when we landed and the security guard made him delete them. And by delete, I mean stood next to him while he scrolled through them. Oops!
Our hotel was about a 20 minute ride from the airport, and it's really nice. We will be comfortable here for the week. There is a 24 hour supermarket across the street, too. We have Monday off with no plans, so we are going to try to go out today and walk around. I'm so glad I bought me some waterproof snow boots. There is snow everywhere!
We will meet our driver/translator Tuesday for an appointment we have, then we will go to the baby home to meet the baby for the first time. On Wednesday-Friday we will have assigned times we can visit her more. We are so excited! I can't wait to share pictures.
Love,
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment