Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trip 1, Day 3

We had our second visit with the baby today (Wednesday).  I got to feed her.  I'm not sure what the mixture was that she was eating, but it smelled like it had fish in it - mmmmmm.  She also drank juice from a small cup (not a sippy cup).  She cried when she saw the juice cup, but she wasn't supposed to have it until after she ate.  But, our driver/interpreter quickly gave her the cup so she would quit crying.  We only got a short visit today because it seems that the first time when we visited for 1.5 hours it was too much for her and she was more tired.  We are going back earlier today (Thursday) to see her, and we are hoping for a longer visit than we had on Wednesday.
When we left the baby home we went to visit a beautiful church nearby.  Our driver asked us if we wanted to eat bear for lunch - um, no.  We settled on Subway - :).  I'm not doing well with traditional Russian food - dumplings with meat, pickled herring, cabbage, potatoes.  I'm enjoying the mall food court more - pizza, etc. 


It has been very cold here, about 20 degrees and snowy.  Even with silk pants under my pants my legs feel numb after walking for a while.  However, my new Lands End puffy coat is working well on my upper body!

No comments:

Post a Comment